I got nominated once before by another Erin, but was at a not-so-settled place in my life, and I wasn’t able to participate at the time, but this time I’m definitely going to do it!
What’s a Liebster Award? It’s an award passed around between up-and-coming (less than 200 readers) bloggers, and is a great way to build community. You get to find out more about your blogger friends, as well as spread the word about them. Here are the rules:
1. Choose 11 other up-and-coming bloggers and link to them in your Liebster post.
2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger set for you, then create 11 different ones for the bloggers you will choose.
3. Let those bloggers know you tagged them!
4. No tagging back to the person who nominated you!
Questions Erin asked me.
1. What is your earliest memory?
This is so foggy for me, but I vaguely remember a time in my Grandma and Grandpa Anderberg’s old house. I remember playing in a living room that was separated from the rest of the house by a sliding door. I don’t remember any details of the event, other than I think that our old dog, Arlo, was there? Maybe? Fuzzy.
2. What is your most embarrassing memory? – You can be vague if it’s TOOembarrassing!
One time I peed my pants in front of the whole class in 3rd grade when I was answering a math question on the board. A pretty good example of what my future social/math life-landscape was going to look like, now that I think about it.
3. What was or were your favorite childhood book(s)?
Small childhood? Mercer Mayer Little Critter Books. Elementary childhood? Fear Streetsby R. L. Stine. Hours . . . hundreds of thousands of hours of my elementary years were spent reading those books.
4. What is your favorite book to read to your kid(s) right now? Paul’s usually the one who reads to Charlie at night, but I love reading Peter Pan to him. Peter Pan became one of my favorites after I read it in college, and it’s so cute to hear Charlie OBSESS about the fairies.
5. Is there a movie you love and couldn’t or can’t wait to watch with your kid(s)?I’m soooo excited for Charlie to be mentally prepared for the Harry Potter series. Books first, of course, but I have grand images in my head of Harry Potter movie parties with Butterbeer and chocolate frogs!
6. If you had to choose a “uniform” to wear for the rest of your life a la Marge Simpson, what outfit would you choose? Perfectly fitting Jeans, striped t-shirt, cardigan. Spectacular haircut. Maybe a tiny little baby woodland creature to constantly sit on my shoulder and chitter adorably at me when I’m in a bad mood.
7. If a war broke out between the Smurfs and the Gummi Bears, who would win and why? If you are too young to answer this question insert your own beloved cartoon characters. I didn’t watch the Gummi Bears, but I’m pretty sure that Jem and the Holograms would come in and blast the Smurfs away with their 80’s-tastic musical prowess.
8. What is the first record/cassette/CD you remember purchasing by yourself?
I think I had to buy TLC’s CrazySexyCool because my dad REFUSED to pay for it.
9. Do you have a role model or unofficial mentor? Who is it and why? There is a small collection of women in my life who manage to create art (in its various shapes and forms) with reckless abandon, while still having a very fulfilling family life. This is most definitely one of my greatest goals.
10. Would you rather be wealthy and idle, or famous for a career you enjoy but financially struggling? I think if you talk to me after Paul is out of grad school, I might have a much more profound and dignified answer. Yeah . . . talk to me then.
11. Who is your favorite Baldwin (question submitted by my husband)? You know, I can’t help it, but the scene in Biodome when Stephen Baldwin is collecting cigarette butts to make an air filter, singing “Making a filter, MAAAAAKING A FILLLLTER!” really pushes him to the top for me. Also, I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy.
And now for my questions.
1. Did you like coffee the first time you tried it?*
2. Quick. Fast. Most beautiful celebrity ever. Male or female, I don’t care. Go.
3. Which book have you most enjoyed in the past 5 years? Why?
4. What is your favorite season of the year? Why?
5. Is there a blog that you read every day? Which one?
6. Milk chocolate or Dark chocolate?
7. Which cartoon did you watch the most when you were little?
8. If you could be any kitchen appliance, what would it be? Why?
9. How do you feel about the Oxford Comma?
10. If they made another Austin Powers movie, who would you choose as the newest leading lady?
11. Which are cuter, puppies or kittens? No saying “baby hedgehogs,” because obviously they would win.
And now for my nominations! If some of you actually have MORE than 200 followers, that’s awesome! Please correct me and I’ll choose someone else!
Meghann Chapman : My cousin; a beautiful dreamer and an elegant Southern dame.
In the Blink of a Blue Eye : One of my old college English buddies. She’s teaching, cooking, and loving life.
Ren Was Here: Lauren is amazingly good at balancing huge adventures with the minutiae of her daily grind.
Pieces of Me : One of my favorite favorite blogs. Danell is a very real lady who is inspirational and realistic. Just one of my favorites, plain and simple.
Finding Joy : Baker of delicious cupcakes, maker of adorable things, lover of life.
Goldiblog : Erin nominated me last year, and I wasn’t able to follow through. I greatly appreciated it, though, and wanted to pay it forward! Goldiblog is chock-full of dazzling event planning and great party ideas. Check it out!
Flies Over Nebraska : A blog about fly fishing, being a dad, and doing what you love.
Blue House Fotos : My FAVORITE PHOTOGRAPHER EVAH. Seriously, so good.
Krafty Kash : This lady makes some awesome, crafty crafty stuff. She refurbishes things, makes awesome necklaces, and has an awesome family to support her. Did I say yet that she’s awesome?
The Wheeler Weekly : Brooke is an old friend, and may be borderline on the “less than 200 followers” rule. Why? Because she’s a lady of beautiful words, tasty recipes, and seriously helpful info. Also check out her blog “Finger Prickin’ Good;” a blog about living with juvenile diabetes.
Is that 11? I think it is. Thanks again to Erin for nominating me! I can’t wait to read everyone’s answers!
I can’t believe I forgot about one of my favorite blogs to read! Sheesh. Britni over atMoustaches on Strings is cool enough for me to break the rules and add a #12. Check her